about     shop     contact         

Friday, December 4, 2015

Weekend Style | Black Knit

Chanel Flats_4

My weekend style in the winter typically consists of my favorite jeans, a chunky knit sweater, and flats. We spend a lot of the time on the weekend together as a family... usually taking Batman to the dog park, running errands, and dinner at a local restaurant.  I tend to want to stay pretty comfortable throughout the day!

Chanel Flats_3

The key part of the weekend style equation has always, without fail, been jeans. They're quintessential. My biggest issue, though, is finding jeans that fit properly. I'm petite, and jeans often come in one-inseam-fits-all, which we all know isn't the case. My solution? Olivia Palermo's favorite... AG The Legging Ankle Jeans. I've found that they fit me the best, and would highly recommend them to any other petite ladies struggling to find the right fit! (I last wore this same cut in a different style in my post on Wednesday which you can see here)

 Chanel Flats_2

Chanel Flats_6

Chanel Flats_1

My second favorite weekend style secret? Luxe details on casual silhouettes. Case in point: these Chanel flats. And if you love designer pieces but not the prices, check out online consignment stores like TheRealReal and Postmark.

For those who are hesitant about buying designer pieces on Poshmark... after you purchase an item, it goes through certification before it arrives to the buyer. This guarantees authenticity of your purchase. What this means - the seller ships to Poshmark in San Francisco. After it's authenticated, it's shipped to you! 

Chanel Flats_7

The key to weekend style is really the details. Jeans that fit just right, an elevated accessory, and, ultimately, comfort! If I can't take Batman on a walk in it, it just won't work.

What are your favorite weekend pieces?

Sweater - J.Crew
Denim - AG
Coat - J.Crew
Watch - Kate Spade
Bag - Chloe (similar save style)
Flats - Chanel (similar save style)
Sunglasses - Anthropologie

 By the way, I recently started posting my exclusive photos of my daily work outfits on Twitter. If you'd like to follow along, follow me on Twitter here!





Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia