about     shop     contact         

Monday, December 30, 2013

Valentinos, Leather Midi & Goal Setting Recommendation for 2014


Wishing you a beautiful Monday Morning. The last week I've been home with my family. It's so nice to come to my parent's house and relax. It's almost like nothing has changed when I lived here in high school. It's strange to think that I've been living on my own since I was 18 years old. Holy Moly!  Thank goodness wisdom comes with age.

Being home I've had a lot of time to think about my 2014 goals. My parents are so wonderful. They've always supported me and my ever-changing dreams. I'm convinced I could tell my parents I'm quitting my job and starting a banana stand and they'd support me 100%. 

Back to the goals...every year I put together a goal list, month-by-month. A few years ago, it would consist of "buy a new camera", "get a new position at work", "start a blog". Every year when I put together my goals and at the time it seemed silly and unrealistic that I'm going to do these things, but 9 times out of 10, they seem to come true. This year I've spent a lot of time putting together my personal, professional, fitness and financial goals on a monthly basis. 

*(A funny little side story. While digging through old papers, I found a list of qualities that I wanted in man. This was a list I made when I was 18 years old. A few months before I met my fiance in college. As I read through the list...I got what I wanted, except that he doesn't play a guitar.)

Over the years, I've read hundreds of articles on "goal setting", but the piece of advice every article recommends...write them down. Start there. Like I said earlier, I write monthly goals. I put it in a Word Doc and save it to my desktop. Throughout the year I'll open up the doc to see my progress and I'm typically always on track. Here's a good article, that gives you examples and recommendations when setting goals. Lululemon also put together a great article along with a worksheet to help set goals (not only physical). Don't make goal setting difficult. Start small and refine throughout the year. Things change and that's okay. And always remember this when setting goals. 
 Places to wear this outfit :: office outfit, meeting family, family holiday party, catching up with an old colleague

Sweater :: Zara (similar here)
Skirt :: Zara (similar here & short version here)
Necklace :: Banana Republic old (similar here)
Heels :: Valentino 
Purse :: Zara (similar here & here)
Watch :: Michael Kors (in love with this one)

Wore similar outfit here

 photo instagram.png photo bloglovin.png photo mail.png photo facebook.png photo twitter.png photo pinterest.png

Photos by Lydia Hudges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia