about     shop     contact         

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

One Piece, Two Ways :: J. Crew (Hump Day) Sweater


Happy hump day everyone! So excited to share today's post. My blogger bestie, Fallon of Sage + Sparkle, and I have teamed up to do a collaboration. It all started when we discovered we both love the phrase "Hump Day"! It continue when I came across this camel sweater at J.Crew, which was perfect for the fall and for HUMP DAY! Sage + Sparkle picked up the sweater the following week and here we are! One sweater, worn two different ways!

When Fallon sent me her outfit post I was blown away! I love the way she styled the sweater.  Her outfit was the perfect mix of fun and flirty. The black feather skirt that can be worn several different ways, she toned down with the sweater. The she added the ultra versatile python pumps that are great to wear with black or brown. She then added a pop of color with her Michael Kors clutch. The red brings out the color in the sweater. Then she finished it off with her stylish leopard print coat from Zara by draping it over her shoulders. By mixing color and texture she transformed a chic sweater to ultra trendy.

As for my outfit, I kept it very simple with my usual black bag and black heels. We both agreed my outfit was sleek and sophisticated. The faux leather skirt I picked up from Zara and immediately fell in love (I've also worn it with blue sweater here). The color is a beautiful cognac and the quality of the material is also really nice. At a $60 price tag, it's a stylish skirt for any closet. The camel sweater was a great addition to the pencil skirt, I'm still able to keep a structured and polished look with the two pieces. Then I finished it off with two of my favorite investment pieces, Valentino Rockstuds and the Fendi 2Jour.

Back to my bestie Fallon, be sure to check out her blog Sage + Sparkle. She has delicious recipes, crafty DIYs and the most stylish outfits. Looking forward to doing another collaboration in the near future!
Sweater :: J. Crew
Skirt :: Zara
Heels :: Valentino
Bag :: Fendi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia