about     shop     contact         

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

birthday clashing


 
Top: J. Crew, Pants: Zara, Shoes: Nine West, Bag: Coach, Watch: Michael Kors, Necklace: Stella & Dot (from my lovely mom)

The best thing about style is that you make it work.  This is a classic example. I decided to wear it on my birthday last week. Thought it would be symbolic for the special day. This outfit has some of my favorite pieces and really defines my style. 


Let me count the ways...

Polka dots have always been a key element in my wardrobe. A polka dot top can be worn with any jeans, dress pants, or shorts.  But remember, polka dots are "fun" and thus you have to be mindful when to wear them to the office and/ore important business meeting.

Then moving on to plaid. OH my love for plaid!!! Especially holiday plaid. The way the green, red and black cross.  It makes such a beautiful pattern. I think plaid is an essential part of menswear, especially 30-40 years ago and it's making a comeback!

Next, we have a bold color, which is called ultraviolet from Coach. This purse attracts more attention (in a good way) than any other purse in my collection.  The color is very appealing to the eye and goes great against black.

Last, the classic black heel.  These shoes are suede "like".  The best thing about suede shoes is that they are able to soften outfits. Instead of a pointed leather heel, which gives your outfit an edgy feeling.  The suede rounded toe puts a girly touch to the outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia